Computer centre has various compute servers for sequential compute jobs. For parallel job requirements use of super computing facility is recommended (check CC website for HPC login form).
Details about Linux compute servers and software installed on them are briefed below.
- akash1,akash2,akash3 : Abaqus,ansys,matlab,comsol. Presently akash2 and akash3 are used as licence server.
- aatish : Ansys, abaqus, comsol, tecplot.
- falaq: ABAQUS, ILOG/CPLEX, MSC(Nastra/Patran) Mathematica, hyperworks,tecplot.
- appserver: ansys/fluent, maple, comsol, ilog/cplex and tecplot.
- mathserver : matlab and mathematica
- workstation servers: Accelrys. refer to
Users can login to a server by following command from remote Linux terminal.
All the above server belongs to domain cc.iitk.ac.in. I.e use <server-name>.cc.iitk.ac.in to connect from remote.
# ssh <IITK-username>@<server-name> -X
e.g. ssh firstname.lastname@example.org -X
Free command line utility such as putty, MobaXterm, KiTTY etc. can be installed in windows for shell access to this servers.