Users can take mail backup using Thunderbird mail client. The mails will be accessed from the local disk.
- clear disk space by moving to local folder
- Search and select which messages to take backup.
Go to Edit –> find –> Search Messages. or use keyboard shortcut CNTL+SHIFT+F.
- Move/copy the messages to a local folder. Move will remove the message from server clearing up disk space in the server for new mail messages if quota was over. Copy message will also keep a copy in the server.
- Backup profile
- Close all Thunderbird instances.
- Go to profile folder in
- Copy the profile folder, and paste in a backup location.
- To restore, create a new profile and restore the folder during creation of profile process.